The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) requires a certification from the broker for TIN creation related to stock trading/investing. To get this letter from FirstMetroSec, follow these steps:
- Register for a FirstMetroSec account HERE
- Under the TIN field, write 000-000-000 for the meantime in order to proceed with the application process
- Upload the documentary requirements (ID with 3 signatures, proof of address, and proof of bank account)
- Once done, email us at email@example.com to request for a TIN endorsement letter. Please provide your Full Name and Application Reference Number (i.e. 202203111-0123).
The BIR certification is free-of-charge and will be emailed to you in 2-3 business days.
To apply for a TIN, submit the below requirements to the BIR Revenue District Office (RDO) having jurisdiction over the place of residence of the applicant.
- PSA Birth Certificate or any valid ID that shows the name, address, and birthdate of the applicant
- Printed BIR certification (provided by FirstMetroSec)
- Accomplished BIR Form 1904 (for one-time taxpayer)
- Authorization Letter (if through a representative)
For BIR-related questions, you may reach out to them at:
Trunklines: +63 (2) 8538-3200; 8981-7000; or 8929-7676
Address: BIR National Office Bldg., BIR Road, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines