- Offer Details:
Issuer: Republic of the Philippines
Term: 5.5 years
Maturity Date: August 22, 2028
Minimum Amount: ₱5,000, in multiples of ₱5,000
Interest Payment: Quarterly
Final Interest Rate: 6.125% gross* (4.900% net)
*Subject to 20% final withholding tax
Offer Period: Feb. 7 to Feb. 17, 2023
Issue Date: Feb. 22, 2023
- What are the requirements for investing in RTB 29 online?
- An individual account with FirstMetroSec. If you do not have a FirstMetroSec account yet, account opening is quick and easy upon submission of complete requirements through the FirstMetroSec GO mobile app. Click HERE to learn how.
- Sufficient cleared/withdrawable cash in your FirstMetroSec trading account. No printed forms nor branch visits required.
- How to buy RTB 29?
- Go to the Bureau of the Treasury’s website (www.treasury.gov.ph) and click on the RTB offering.
- Agree to the terms and click “Ready to Order”.
- Choose First Metro Securities Brokerage Corp. as settlement bank
- Once redirected to the FirstMetroSec payment page, enter your username and password
- Review your order details and click “Confirm”.
- Is there a maximum amount per transaction?
Yes, up to ₱500,000 per transaction. For higher amounts, you may order multiple times during the offer period.
- Is there a fee to buy RTB 29?
None. There is no charge when availing bonds in the primary offering.
- Can RTB 29 be purchased from abroad?
Yes, as long as you have an individual FirstMetroSec account and sufficient cleared/withdrawable funds in your account. Disclose your location (Country of Placement) when ordering from the Bureau of the Treasury website. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Why invest in RTBs?
RTBs are affordable, accessible online through FirstMetroSec, and gives quarterly interest payments.
- Is the interest guaranteed?
RTBs are considered to have the lowest credit risk because they represent direct and unconditional obligations of the government, thereby enjoying the highest certainty of payment. The yield is assured if the bond is held until maturity, otherwise it will be subject to interest rate risk depending on the prevailing market rate at the time the RTBs are sold in the secondary market.
- What is an investor's proof of ownership?
A Notice of Successful Payment (NOSP) will be sent to your registered email address immediately after purchase. After the listing date, the Confirmation of Outright Sale and nRoSS Summary of Transactions will be downloadable from your FirstMetroSec account.
Go to Account > Reports > Statements > Confirmation of Sale/Bond Certificates.
- Can I sell RTB 29 anytime?
Yes, subject to the prevailing market price at the time of selling. Click HERE for instructions.