To convert your Pesos to US Dollars for investment in dollar-denominated mutual funds, UITFs, or bonds, follow these instructions:
- Fill out the Subscription Agreement for USD Onshore Investments, and submit via this Help Center link. Allow one (1) business day for processing.
- Once processed, a signed copy by a FirstMetroSec authorized personnel shall be emailed to the client’s registered email address. Print this signed Subscription Agreement and present to the Metrobank branch as supporting document.
- Within 10 business days, go to any Metrobank branch. Request for and accomplish the forms (1) Application to Purchase Foreign Exchange (APFE) for Payment of FX to Another Local Resident (Resident to Resident Transactions) and (2) Application for Miscellaneous Transactions (AMT). Click HERE to see sample forms.
IMPORTANT: Write the name of the mutual fund, UITF, or bond that you will be investing in.
- Fill out the (green) Payment Slip with First Metro Securities Brokerage Corp. under Company Name. Indicate your FirstMetroSec account name and account code (ex. UOTA00000). Be sure to write Reference No. 512.
- This Foreign Exchange (FX) facility is applicable only for dollar mutual funds, UITFs, and bonds.
- Open to Metrobank depositors only, and must be processed by the accountholder at any Metrobank branch. A dollar bank account is not required.
- No processing fee
- Submit one (1) Subscription Agreement per investment instrument. Should you intend to buy more than one mutual fund, UITF, or bond, submit a separate set of forms for each.
- Once you get the FirstMetroSec-signed Subscription Agreement, process the other FX requirements at any Metrobank branch within 10 business days. After this deadline, the Subscription Agreement will no longer be valid.
- The purchased USD shall be used to fund your FirstMetroSec USD account. When funded, FirstMetroSec will execute your order in full. It can no longer be edited or cancelled.